- Boubakary Soumare to Manchester UnitedLOSC Lille enjoyed a massive windfall in 2019 when they sold Nicolas Pepe to Arsenal for £72 million, and they could be set to make another major killing from the sale of midfielder Soumare.The Franco-Senegalese powerhouse has been earning rave reviews for his performances in Ligue 1—prompting parallels with Paul Pogba—with Chelsea linked with his signature.However, according to the Express, Manchester United are keen to move on the 20-year-old France U-21 international and are planning to scout him one final time this week ahead of making a bid for his services.Will the Red Devils be able to get this one over the line before any of their rivals begin to compete for the youngster?
- Getty ImagesTariq Lamptey leaving Chelsea?Clubs in Europe are tracking Chelsea’s Anglo-Ghanaian wonderkid, who is yet to put pen to paper on a new deal with the London giants.The 18-year-old has impressed on his first two appearances for the Blues—against Arsenal and Nottingham Forest—but appears unable to agree terms with Frank Lampard’s side.Wolverhampton Wanderers, Paris Saint-Germain, OGC Nice and several clubs in Germany are understood to be keen on the wonderkid, but will any be able to offer him a deal to tempt him to commit to a future away from Stamford Bridge during the coming weeks?
- FKF.Anthony Akumu to Kaizer ChiefsOf the five rumours in our slidelist, this is the deal that we’re most confident of hanging our hat on.The free agent and Kenya international has already been spotted watching Kaizer Chiefs in action as they defeated Highlands Park last week, and a source close to the deal has informed Goal that Akumu is set to sign a three-year deal with the PSL league leaders.The 27-year-old is available on a free transfer after leaving ZESCO United, and would represent a fine addition for an Amakhosi side who are cruising at the moment.Could he be the difference-maker to get them over the line in the PSL title race?
- GettyHakim Ziyech to SpursTottenham Hotspur are desperate for new faces following injuries to Harry Kane and Moussa Sissoko, and with the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Christian Eriksen’s future also contributing to an unconvincing offensive roster.According to ex-Spur Rafael van der Vaart, Ajax’s Hakim Ziyech would be the perfect solution for the Londoners.“I’ve said it already many times, I hope, I really hope that Tottenham can buy Hakim Ziyech from Ajax,” the former Netherlands international wrote on Instagram. “He is a player that the squad need, they need creativity at the moment.”Ziyech’s contribution in the Eredvisie remains excellent—he has 12 goals and six assists this term—but will Jose Mourinho act on van der Vaart’s advice?
- GettyWilfried Zaha to Bayern MunichThis one may not be as far-fetched as it appears, with the German giants having made a loan move for Crystal Palace wideman already this window, according to some sources.Roy Hodgson was perplexed when the rumours were put to him, and reiterated that he has no desires to part ways with his star performer during the ongoing window.However, there’s rarely smoke without fire, and Zaha would certainly be an asset for Bayern, who could benefit from his individual excellence and ability to unsettle opposition defences.Will the reigning Bundesliga champions make a move for the attacker before the window slams shut, or will one of the other clubs tipped to be keen on the forward’s signature—Chelsea and Arsenal have been prominently linked to Zaha—recruit the 27-year-old.
Top Five: African transfer rumours to watch this week
Africa’s future: The promise of transnational ties