BY JULIET NWADOZIE
3 cups, Soybeans
2 tbsps, Apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- Soak the soybeans overnight. Drain and blend (add water while blending).
- Strain with a cloth or sieve. Then pour the milk into a pot and boil on medium heat for one hour. Stir frequently.
- Reduce the heat and add the deseeded lime juice but do not stir so it doesn’t become stiff.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Leave to cool for one hour.
- Place a cloth over a bowl and put it in the sink (I use a clean handkerchief or the cloth used to make pap) and carefully pour the milk. Squeeze the cloth to get as much milk out.
- Leave for four to five hours to cool.
- Dice into desired sizes and season with salt, pepper and seasoning cubes. Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of stew or pepper soup.