BY AKACHI IKECHUKWU-NNAMANI
Potatoes can be eaten in various ways and you will be surprised as to what you can make with this pack of nutrients.x
• 1 tbsp Olive oil
• 1 diced red onion
• Diced pepper
• ¼ tbsp garlic powder
• Chopped chives
• 8 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Wash the potatoes then pierce with a fork. Rub each potato with oil and place on a baking sheet.
2. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
3. Place a non-stick pan on medium heat. Put your bacon and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring. Discard the oil, then pour a tsp oil in the pan. Add the diced pepper and onion and continue to cook until soft and the bacon is crispy for 4 minutes.
4. Use a paring knife and carefully cut off the top of the cool potatoes and scoop out some of the insides (use for any other thing you wish) then place the potatoes back into the sheets pan.
5. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, add the chopped chives, garlic powder and salt and whisk.
6. Add the bacon to the egg mix, then distribute evenly into the potatoes and put back into the oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
Enjoy with your choice of drink.