By AKACHI IKECHUKWU-NNAMANI
Plantain chips. Photo Elleyajoku
- Ripe plantain
- 1 ½ cup All-purpose flour
- Cooking oil
- 1 bulb Onion (Whole or chopped)
- 3 Eggs
- Ground chilli pepper
- 1 ½ cup Bread crumbs
- Peel and dice plantain into any shape of your choice and sprinkle salt on it. Break eggs into a bowl, sprinkle salt, pepper and whisk together.
- In another bowl, pour the flour and in yet another bowl, pour the bread crumbs.
- Coat the plantain with flour thoroughly, rub eggs on it and finally coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat up cooking oil in a frying pan on medium heat, put the onion and gently put in the plantain. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with your peppered sauce.
MOROCCAN GRILLED FISH KEBAB
Moroccan Fish Kebab. Photo Tamarind & Thyme
- Red onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- ½ tbsp Chili powder
- ½ tbsp Ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- Wash and cut fish into a 1-inch square pan and put it in a re-sealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, pour the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Seal the bag, rotate to mix thoroughly and leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat your grill to medium-high heat, remove the fish and thread on to the skewers.
- Place kebabs on the grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Once the fish turns golden brown, remove it from the grill.
- Serve with a glass of wine.
NOTE: Place a fish on the skewer then an onion (and red pepper if desired). Do this on each skewer.