By AKACHI IKECHUKWU-NNAMANI
Cross River is blessed with a rich heritage and delicacies. Otong is one of the favourites of the people of Cross River.https://28ade1554b9674c6f6cd875119ef552c.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
Otong soup is garnished with lots of meats and fish and it helps support healthy immune function.
- Assorted meat
- Fresh Okra
- 1 tspn palm oil
- Stock fish
- Smoked fish
- 1 bulb onion
- Ugu (Chopped)
- Uziza (Chopped)
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Seasoning cubes
- In a pot of water, put your assorted meat, stock fish, sliced onion, seasoning cubes and salt allow to boil until the meat is tender.
- Wash and chop your Okra and set aside. Soak the smoked fish in hot water to remove traces of dirt, pieces and set aside. Blend the scotch pepper and crayfish and set aside.
- Pour the palm oil and allow to cook for 3 minutes then. Add the pepper and crayfish mix and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Then add the smoked fish and steam for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped okra, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Uziza, steam for 1 minute then add the Ugu and steam for 2 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite swallow.