Pizza is a unique cuisine that is both nutritious and appropriate for all kinds of occasions.
Pizza is an Italian dish consisting of a round, flattened dough base baked with a tomato and cheese topping, usually with additional meat, fish, or vegetables. This savory dish, as well as its variations, has gained popularity and acceptance in many parts of the world. Pizza is a popular fast food item that is available fresh or frozen, whole or in portions.
Despite being a fast food, the fun part is that it can be made at home; the dough can be made ahead of time and even frozen, and any toppings may be used to fit one’s taste buds.
Pizza is easier to make than you might imagine. With this recipe you might just be making pizza that rivals some of the greatest you are used to ordering. To make a great pizza, you’ll need good dough, tomato ketchup/ self made sauce, toppings, and cheese. You can add whatever other components you like.
This flat yummy meal is popular among children and adults.
- 150 g spelt flour
- 350 g white flour
- 1 ½ tsp. dried fast action yeast
- ½ tsp.salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove
- pinch of dried thyme
- 160 g grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper cut into strips
- 1 courgette slices
- 1 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of pitted olives
- 1 can salt-free sweetcorn (drained)
- To make the dough, combine both flours in a large mixing basin, then add the yeast and salt.
- Make a well with your hands and pour in 400 mL warm water and the olive oil, mixing with a wooden spoon until a soft, fairly wet dough forms.
- To bring the dough together, lightly knead it in the bowl before turning it out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes, or until it is smooth.
- Set aside for the dough to rise, covered with a tea towel.
- To make the sauce, blitz tomatoes, garlic, and thyme in a food processor or with a hand blender with a little spice.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius or 240 degrees Celsius with the fan on.
- Prepare toppings to be used to elevate the appeal of the pizza.
- After the dough has risen, knead it briefly in the basin before dividing it into four balls.
- On a floured surface, roll two balls into wide circles with a rolling pin. Because the dough will rise in the oven, make sure it is thin. Place two floured baking sheets or pizza trays on top.
- With a spoon, spread sauce evenly over each base and smooth it out.
- Disperse the cheese. Now it’s time to start making the faces.
- After you’ve finished decorating, bake for 10–15 minutes, or until crisp. To avoid scorching the toppings, move the pizzas to a lower level halfway through.
- Repeat for the remaining two pizzas, or freeze the dough balls separately in two freezer bags. Store up the remaining sauce in a container and freeze.