BY OMOLADE RASAQ
Often we get tired of eating the roasted or fried goat meat, another option is Asun, Peppered Goat Meat. When mixed with the right ingredient, you will not get tired of it. Below are the ingredients and method of cooking:
- 2kg (2.6 lbs) goat meat (cut with the skin)
- 2 habanero peppers (or to your taste)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 big stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cooking spoon vegetable oil
- Black pepper (optional)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper
Asun | Image Youtube
- Cut the goat meat into big chunks. Make sure you cut the chunks with the goat skin. Wash and put the goat meat chunks in a bowl.
- Add the thyme and black pepper; crush and add the stock cubes. Feel free to add other spices and ingredients that you use to marinate meat.
- Marinate the meat
- Cover the bowl with a thin film. Put in the fridge and leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
- After marinating the goat meat, put the meat in a pot.
- Pour water to just half of the level of the goat meat, add the big chunks of onion and start cooking at medium heat.
- When the goat meat is well done, remove the big chunks of onions and add salt to taste.
- Lay the goat meat flat on your oven rack.
- Grill/Broil in the oven at 180°C or 350°F till the meat is brown all over. You will need to turn them from time to time. The meat should not be dry.
- When the meat it well grilled/broiled, heat the vegetable oil in a dry clean pot.
- Add the pepper and the thick stock from cooking the meat (if any) and fry for a bit.
- Add the grilled goat meat.
- Stir very well till the pepper is evenly distributed on the goat meat. The vegetable oil ensures that this happens and gives the Asun a nice glow.
- Your Asun is ready!