Bolt, the leading European mobility platform that focuses on making urban travel more affordable, convenient and responsible, has been operating on the African continent since 2016 and has changed how people commute for the better. As we celebrate Africa Day today, we celebrate its successes as much as we celebrate the challenges that were turned into opportunities.
With over five years of operations on the continent, Bolt has now localised its offering to cater to the needs of every kind of rider by adding offerings such as the Bolt Boda (boda boda’s) in East Africa. Bolt is also proud to have partnered with market leaders across the various regions in which it operates to ensure quality in the services offered on the platform.
We would like to offer you an exclusive interview with Patrick Partridge, Bolt’s Regional Manager for Africa, who can chat to you about some of the platform’s recent partnerships and innovations, as well as the following talking points:
- Bolt Vehicle Finance launched this month.
- This vehicle financing scheme offers drivers the ability to own cars starting with much lower upfront equity payments (as low as 15%) and at lower instalment payment values (from as low as NGN 15,000 per week.)
- Ghana Trip Insurance
- Bolt now provides insurance to both rider and driver for the duration of every trip taken on the platform.
- Bolt Food
- The Bolt food brand in Ghana continuous to grow throughout the metropolitan area with a great selection of their favourite restaurants and reliable, high-quality service.
- Bolt Food has expanded significantly after only four months of operations in Accra.
- In South Africa, Bolt Food recently celebrated its first anniversary with orders steadily growing each month.