When does Senegal vs Congo kick off? Wednesday 13th November, 2019 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Senegal vs Congo being played? Stade Lat Dior, Thies
What TV channel is Senegal vs Congo on? Senegal vs Congo will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Senegal vs Congo? Senegal vs Congo will not be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Senegal vs Congo? Tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day of the match
THE TEAM NEWS
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations runners-up Senegal begin their qualifying campaign for the 2021 finals with a home game against Congo and then travel to face Eswatini on Sunday. They completed their preparations for the qualifiers with a 1-1 draw against Brazil last month.
- Their excellent defence played a major part in their progression to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations final, they kept five clean sheets in their six matches on their way to the final where they narrowly lost 1-0 to Algeria.
- Senegal will have to do without Monaco forward Keita Balde who has stayed at home with his pregnant wife about to give birth. Key players such as Liverpool’s Sadio Mane and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly are in the squad.
- Having missed out on qualification in 2017 and 2019, Congo are aiming to make it through to the Africa Cup of Nations finals for the first time since they reached the quarter-finals in 2015.
- They finished at the bottom of their qualifying group for the 2019 finals, winning only one match in a group containing Zimbabwe, DR Congo and Liberia.
- Congo have lost each of their last four away matches in AFCON qualifying which is in contrast to their home form where they are unbeaten in their last six matches.
Expectations are high for Senegal as they aim to get their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign off to a winning start against Congo who have failed to qualify for the last two final tournaments. The home side have some undoubted quality players in the spine of their team and it is unlikely that Congo will be able to match them in the areas that matter. Senegal are predicted to win whilst keeping a clean sheet in doing so.